- Boland, Richard J. & Fred Collopy, eds. Managing as Designing.
- Buchanan, Richard & Victor Margolin, eds. Discovering Design: Explorations in Design Studies.
- Diller, Steve, Nathan Shedroff, & Darrel Rhea. Making Meaning: How Successful Businesses Deliver Meaningful Customer Experiences.
- Drucker, Peter F. Innovation and Entrepreneurship.
- Martin, Roger, The Design of Business: Why Design Thinking is the Next Competitive Advantage.
- Pine, B. Joseph & James H. Gilmore, The Experience Economy: Work is Theater & Every Business a Stage.
- Schon, Donald A., The Reflective Practitioner: How Professionals Think in Action.
- Verganti, Roberto, Design-Driven Innovation: Changing the Rules of Competition by Radically Innovating What Things Mean.
Management & Organization Theory
- Drucker, Peter F. The Practice of Management.
- ________. Concept of the Corporation.
- George, Claude S. The History of Management Thought. [Excellent brief history]
- March, James & Herbert Simon. Organizations.
- Senge, Peter M., The Fifth Discipline: The Art and Practice of the Learning Organization.
- Wren, Daniel A. The History of Management Thought. [More detailed and sophissticated than Claude S. George’s history, but also more academic and theoretic in emphasis, minimizing some practically important figures.]
- Joseph A. Schumpeter, Capitalism, Socialism, and Democracy.
- Buxton, Bill. Sketching User Experiences: Getting the Design Right and the Right Design.
- Harris, Robert L. Information Graphics: Visual Tools for Analyzing, Managing, and Communicating: A Comprehensive Illustrated Reference.
- Horn, Robert E. Visual Language: Global Communication for the 21st Century.
- Hyerle, David. Visual Tools for Constructing Knowledge. [Useful overview of tools]
- Novak, Joseph D. & D. Bob Gowin. Learning How to Learn. [Highly recommended]
- Whitbeck, Caroline. Ethics in Engineering Practice and Research.